Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The 30x30 Challenge: Day 3

Day 3 of the 30x30 Challenge is another backyard day. It's before 9am and I've got my book and I'm sitting amongst the trees of the Niagara Escarpment once again.

In addition to reading, what I'm doing today is listening to the nature.

I never knew just how relaxing it was to shut out everything and just listen to the nature around you, but here I am. There's a blue jay screeching off in the distance and another bird chirping in a tree in my yard. Every couple of minutes a new sounds can be heard, filling the air with the sounds of life.

It just goes to show that even when you think you're alone in nature, you never really are.

On a day like today where I work a mid-day I'm finding that 30 minutes in nature actually can be a bit challenging but I'm feeling good about getting out of bed a little earlier and taking this "forest bath" of sorts.

Another good one on day 3 and I'm looking forward to day 4.

Have you signed up for your 30x30 Challenge yet? It's not too late! Sign up, then connect with me (@PortlyHiker) and tell me how you're doing!

Where will the Portly Hiker be tomorrow? I've got some ideas but I'm still not sure yet. Come back and see for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment