Tuesday, March 1, 2016

So Here We Are..

The blog is setup.. loosely.. and the Portly Hiker is set to get moving.

Now here's the situation. I wanted a place to get back to writing. I've got some things in my future the are rather exciting to me and I wanted a place to talk about that. And I wanted to do a little bit of playing around with websites.

Thus, the Portly Hiker is born.



So the exciting thing, what's that all about?  I know that's the question on everybody's mind.  And my everybody I mean no one at the time of publication.  What's happening is that I'm becoming more and more involved in the outdoors and hiking. I've hit one month smoke free as well so I wanted to reward myself for that.  And I've decided my reward is a hiking trip coming in the summer of 2016.
Mount Marcy, New York's highest peak and my goal for summer 2016
(photo: Tim Seaver)

And the Adirondak High Peaks here I come.  So this blog is a place for me to talk about my preparation for that trip, the training to hike to the top of the highest peak in New York state, the gear I'm thinking about adding to my arsenal or the gear I already have, or just a place to muse about anything and potentially everything.

So here's to a lot of fun for me, and for anyone who decides to stop in along the way.

Keep in mind that I'm new to this blogging thing, so more content and visuals to come, I promise.  If you stumble across the blog, please contribute and keep coming back.

Until next time, Happy Hiking!!

-PH

No comments:

Post a Comment